Why Do You Want To Have A Content Marketing Strategy?
In today’s age of heightened consumer awareness and the rising success of native advertising it is critical for you to have a strong content marketing strategy if you want to stay ahead of your competition and build a massively successful business.
Wondering How to Do Content Marketing?
When working with our team or our coaching clients I often here people say…
“I don’t know what to write, or what to say.”
Due to the fact that they’re currently working with us we’re able to have more substantive 1 on 1 conversations.
However, I also want to provide some of that coaching to you here in this article today.
I understand that creating content can feel like a daunting task.
The desire to create “perfect” content that will provide massive value is often times what prevents people from even starting.
This is a common challenge but also one that can be easily overcome.
Developing A Content Marketing Strategy:
So here’s what you do:
Begin to make a list of high stakes problems/challenges/pains that you feel your audience is going through.
You shouldn’t have any trouble at all coming up with a large list of high stakes problems.
If you are; you can either:
- Think back to your own problems/challenges/pains that you dealt with when you were first starting
- Go into various different forum groups that pertain to your product/service/offer and see what kinds of questions people are asking.
You’re going to start answering those questions and provide value to your audience in the form of your content.
To start out with focus on the themes you want to focus on.
Then, based on the themes you chose you will begin to build your brand and your positioning online.
Your brand will be defined by who you are, who you serve, and how you serve them…. that’s your brand.
You define that by the themes that you choose to focus on and by the content that you create as a result.
Content Marketing Strategy Checklist
As discussed above, you will decide what the theme of your content is based upon the high stakes problems that you’ve identified for your target audience.
Now that you have your theme you will want to:
- Begin to focus on specific topics within the theme
- Dive into the specific list of questions or high stakes problems that either you or your audience is facing. (For example; Follow up, phone follow up, sales funnels, Facebook marketing, webinars, etc.)
- Create a master file of all of these high stakes problems and keep as a Master Content sheet
- Take an hour and write out a master list of the topics that you want to cover.
This is a great way to start creating your content marketing plan to help you:
- Follow up
- Get more conversions
- Build your profitable successful business
Content Marketing: More Ideas
If your’e struggling for ideas beyond this, I recommend that you go to the blogs or You Tube channels of 3-4 different online leaders that you respect and see what topics they’re talking about.
Obviously I’m not suggesting that you plagiarize or steal their content but you can certainly use this approach for ideas on the topic of your next piece of content.
Additionally, if you don’t know what to write once you’ve decided on a topic you should:
- Google the topic
- Do some research until you’ve found 5 other articles about that topic
- Come up with several bullet points or main points
- Create your own version of the content topic.
Remember, content is used to attract, acquire and engage your audience. So you should always think beforehand…..
“What problem am I going to address and what offer am I going to provide to solve the problem?”
Always keep your audience in mind and how you can hep them solve THEIR problem and you should have no trouble attracting and engaging the right people to you.
For more ideas on Content Marketing use these references: