What’s Your Story?
Tell Your Story and Make it Convert
I just received an email from Magnetic Sponsoring today and thought this would be a fabulous post to share with you today. It resignated with me and gave me an Ah-ha moment. Here is what I realized…..every 6 and 7 figure earner seem to have a story to tell. Have you noticed that? “How I went from dead broke, living in a trailer, to making millions in 24 months” or ‘”how I went from waiting tables to 7 figures in 18 months” or mine, “Busy Mom of 2 Discovers……”Sound familiar? Think about it….who tells stories? Mark Hoverson, Jonthan Budd, Mike Dillard, Katie Freiling, Jay Kubasek, and the list goes on.
- When you’re telling a story, your prospect has their guard down.
- When you’re NOT telling a story, your prospect is critical.
- The more your prospects can relate to your story, the more they can connect with you as a leader…They start to know, like, and trust you, AND ultimately buy from you.
So here are some tips I picked up from Magnetic Sponsoring’s post to help you create your story:
This simple, 7 step formula will work to tell your story e.g. your blog’s “about me” page, capture page, sales letters, videos, etc
1. Your starting situation.
- Where you were when you first started.
- This should overlap your prospects current situation.
- Vivid, emotional story of trying and failing.
- You learned something that miraculously worked, or accidentally stumbled upon something that worked.
- You finally “got it” and began having predictable results.
- You refined what you learned into a system.
- I taught other people my system, and they got consistent results as well.
- Use testimonials for social proof.
- Now I want to show you my system.
- Give them a call to action e.g. Sign up to my newsletter below, click the “add to cart” button below, etc