Stop Making Things So Damn Complicated
Yes, I said a bad word and sorry to offend, but seriously, why are people making things so damn complicated? It’s not that hard and if you think for one second you are being held back by your circumstances, then think again.
I constantly get emails from people who want what we have but don’t know how to get there. They are lost, confused, overwhelmed, a victim of their circumstances, broke, sick, tired, lacking the drive, the passion, the action skills…..and I could go on.
My friends, this is not rocket science. I promise you that. If I can do it so can you. I think the majority of the problem with most people is they are allowing the crap in their head hold them back because of their circumstances that they believe are the issue. The mind is good at making you believe your own excuses.
Let me share my back story with you, so you can understand a little better. In fact there is so much crap that could of held me back that I will just put it in bullet points.
- I come from a divorced family and grew up with just my mother as the care provider.
- My dad was always late in child support & I have always had an on and off relationship with my father. In fact we really don’t even speak now and I haven’t seen him in like 3 years.
- My dad spanked me once for crying because he popped my lovely balloon when I was two years old and I was punished for crying. (learned real quick not to cry)
- I didn’t come from money, that’s for dang sure. My mom struggled to make ends meet. (hence why I work so hard to give my girls a better life)
- I watched my dad chase my beloved dog around in the backyard with a bat because he growled at him when I was only 6 years old. I stood crying and screaming on the couch for him to stop, while my mom held me close. (hence why I am a huge animal lover now)
- I always felt I was never good enough for my dad. Every time I thought I did something great, he always told me I could have done better. Hence… this is the reason I have issues. (that’s for another blog post)
- A few times when I was excited to go see my dad on weekends as a kid, I would wait out in the yard for him to pick me up and he would never show up. (hence the reason why I have low expectations of people)
- My mom was a work-a-holic while I was growing up, so it was pretty much me, myself and I growing up with no siblings. (now I understand why my mom worked so hard, but didn’t as a child)
- I use to find entire ice cream cartons eaten, entire bags of hershey kisses eaten, in one sitting and became disgusted. (hence this is why I am a health freak now and refuse to be fat)
- I dated a verbally abusive boyfriend all through high school and he knocked me to the ground one time with his fist.
- I married a verbally abusive man and he even pushed me to the ground a few times, even while I was pregnant. He swiped my entire confidence level away and made me think I was crazy by using his manipulation strategies.
- My ex husband drove us to bankruptcy with his 30,000 millionaire mindset.
- My ex husband pretty much convinced me I was crazy during the last 5 years of our marriage. Yet he was the one coming home at 4am, sleeping in the other room, not helping with the kids, putting tracking devices on my car, draining our bank account and stashing the money elsewhere, and the list goes on….
- I got smart 15 years later after having two beautiful kids and walked out of my marriage after finding out he had been cheating on me. (that whole time I just thought something was wrong with me. Interesting how men who can manipulate women into thinking it’s their fault. Sorry guys….I know women can do this too, just sharing from experience)
- My ex husband is suppose to be paying child support and monthly equity payments from the house we owned and that isn’t happening. <-JERK (hmmm hope his family sees this post)
- I decided to give love another shot after I was convinced all guys were manipulative and jerks. Turns out I found another manipulative, abusive jerk again who convinced me to pack myself & kids up to move to Dallas with him, only to find out two weeks later after moving in with him that he had been cheating on me the entire relationship. Oh did I mention he was abusive too? Verbally, physically and forced me to…..when I said NO. (horrific!)
- I hit rock bottom, sat on the bathroom floor with a handful of pills, ready to take my life, because I believed the voices in my head that were put there by all the abusive men in my life, that I was worthless and would never amount to damn thing. Felt I let my kids down as a parent and honestly thought they would be better off without me. (damn glad I didn’t take action)
You see I have a lot of crap I have gone through probably like the next person…..
The good news is, I am who I am today because of these circumstances and I am now married to a wonderful man who gave me back my faith in men. My children think I am the most amazing, fun, strong, mom ever.
I share that with you because I see people every single day become victims of their circumstances. I could be really messed up and taken a totally different path, had I of let those circumstances take me down. Don’t get me wrong….I almost did, as you can see from the last bullet, but instead I chose to become stronger. I chose to say, “You know what? I wasn’t given all these circumstances for nothing. I was given this life and these circumstances to grow from and to become stronger.”
“So, come on life! Let’s take this journey!”
So what does it take to truly succeed no matter what your situation is?
1. You need a plan – No more wondering around trying one thing from the next and not giving yourself enough realistic time to get results. There is always going to be a learning curve with anything you do, accept that.
When I first stated out I knew nothing! I had no fans, no list, no following, no marketing skills, no technical skills, no phone skills, nothing……
But, I did have a plan!
That was to stick it out come hell or high water.
So have a plan. What are you going to do and are you going to stick it out? If you aren’t you should just quit now. There is no magic carpet that will take you to your fortunes. It takes hard work, dedication, focus and passion.
2. When you are new and you don’t have the skills to create your own products, nor do you have the marketing budget or JV partners to help you promote your own products, you then NEED to leverage something.
People ask me over and over again, would I do things differently. Nope…..I would not. Leveraging a system that gives you everything you need to make money online was and is our shortcut. Sure things have changed over the almost 5 years we have been doing this and systems come and go. But, right now MTTB is our most profitable program and if I were just starting out this is exactly where I would start.
You get one on one coaching, a 21 step proven training program, you get access to the highly trained phone sales team that will call your leads for you, you get offers and/or products to promote, you have training, you have access to masterminds, it’s everything all in one place.
That’s the beauty of leveraging a done for you system. You don’t have to deal with the headache of creating a system or products. You just take what’s already there and drive traffic and collect the money.
Exactly what we do now and what we did from the day we started online.
3. You pick one marketing method and master it. One of the biggest mistakes I see marketers make is they spread themselves too thin among different marketing methods, which results in not enough energy in a method to yield results.
If you are going to get results from a marketing method, then you need to decide on one and stick with it. It’s like getting your PHD in that method.
All I focused on in the beginning was Facebook, nothing else.
4. Stop jumping from one shiny object to the next. Find yourself a mentor who will actually work with you and stick with that program with them. If they are getting results, then you know what’s possible for you. Follow their path and stop taking your own path. Too many people we work with get on our path and then they fall off the path somehow and wonder why they aren’t getting results. 9 times out of 10 is because they doubted themselves and went off and added something in that took their time and energy away from the path and now they are lost.
If you keep promoting, this MLM, that MLM, this marketing system, that marketing system, this affiliate offer, that affiliate offer, think what your audience is going to think of you. They are going to be as confused as you are in what you are doing.
You need to stand firm, have a clear message, a clear offer so your audience knows what you stand for and they know who to come to when they are ready to buy.
Let me give you an example of how this makes sense in our business.
We use an attraction marketing system to help us generate leads. After we generate the leads we provide value to the list and introduce our offer and how it can help the people on our list achieve financial freedom. Simple….2 step formula there.
Seriously don’t overcomplicate this.
Now if we promote anything else to our list it’s because we know it can help them with their marketing. So if we promote MITS (one of our programs) it’s because we know it will help people become a better marketer. If we promote a product like Click Funnels, we know it can help them with their marketing.
You see…..how this story fits?
2. Our business opportunity to make the big bucks
3. Marketing training to educate us on how to market our business
You need a system / tools, you need an opportunity and you need marketing training.
Where people are making this complicated is they are trying to make a business out of selling marketing training, tools and systems. You can do that, but honestly you are going to have to sell a boat load in order to make any significant money. So when people realize that they only make $50.00, let’s say, on 1 sale, they feel like a failure or it’s not working because they realize they have to sell 100 just to make $5000.00. That’s a lot of work.
Looked sexy when someone was marketing it to you, but once you get in and do the math and realize the learning curve and the volume you need to move, it’s just not so sexy anymore.
This is why MTTB / MOBE makes so much sense for us and this is why it’s our bread and butter. Sure we make money from tools and systems, but that’s not was gets us to 100K a month.
We know that in our business each $49 buyer equates to $900 in our pocket. Trust me we have done the math on this and we know our numbers. If we sell 10 at $49 we make approx. $44,000.00, as they move through our business opportunity.
Seems more attractive than just making $50 on one sale from selling systems and tools, wouldn’t you say. (Gravy money is what that is)
My advice to you is this…..one, stop over complicating things. Number two, think big and find something that you can make more money with, yet with less effort.
I would much rather make $900 with the same amount of effort it takes to make $50.
I hope you would too.
Finally stop trying to create everything with your grand ideas when you are just starting out. If you don’t know how to drive massive amounts of traffic then how do you expect to sell your own stuff?
Leverage the work of others. I can’t say this enough…..LEVERAGE. It’s not that hard. It’s really that simple!
This is why we market MTTB. We focus on driving traffic to a leveraged program, MTTB. That’s it….the phones sales team does the rest and we collect the commissions.
Of course we go a bit beyond that, but you don’t have too. We have a mastermind group where all our buyers are placed and we help them with marketing so they too will have success.
Make sense? I hope so…..
Wow….now it’s your turn. What are your thoughts? Do you overcomplicate things?
Oh btw…..feel free to check out MTTB. You knew I was going to mention that right? With our help, we have people getting some awesome results and these people have never had success online. Check it out and let us help you un-complicate things.